About Me

My Photo
A lawyer by profession who has a passion for fashion, beauty and make-up! My love for fashion has fuelled the creation of this blog. I find it mentally stimulating and creatively satisfying to write about the things I love.

Friday 30 August 2013

Happy Janmashtami: Indian Outfit

So I’m two days late but I just want to say Happy Janmashtami. J I do believe in the saying ‘better late than never’.

What did I do on Janmashtami? Well, despite it being a gazetted holiday, I was working. Yes, our office was functioning. We are weird like that! Anyhow, work didn’t keep me from dressing up for the occasion. I wore a bright floral salwaar-kameez that felt festive enough. J This suit is amongst one of the many ‘daily-wear’ suits that my Mum got stitched for me to wear after the wedding. You know on those days as a new bride when you have nothing to do but to sit at home and chill. As much as I would have liked to chill in my PJs my Mum thought it best for me to have these ‘daily-wear’ suits. And she was absolutely right. They are perfect for home and also serve the purpose for those casual outings. And if you have to go to work on a festival, they give you the sense of being a part of the festivities (vicariously).

I particularly love the floral pattern of this suit- cream base with light embroidery and red roses. The dupatta is chiffon and has the same floral pattern along-with lace on the border. If you follow my blog on Instagram, you would know the footwear I was wearing that day. I chose golden flats (also a part of my wedding shopping) that were comfy and dressy, all at one. J I also uploaded a photo of my arm-candy on Instagram. The bag I carried was my tan one.








What do you prefer wearing on festivals?

2 comments :

  1. you look so beautiful in this suit. touchwood.
    sandals, accessories...everything super pretty and graceful. where can i find such pretty suit material? any particular shops...i don't know what to ask for...but i want something just like this

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for your lovely compliment, Coral crue! :)
      I think this suit fabric is from Meena Bazaar. If you live in Delhi, you can checkout one of their stores.

      Delete