About Me

My Photo
A lawyer by profession who has a passion for fashion, beauty and make-up! My love for fashion has fuelled the creation of this blog. I find it mentally stimulating and creatively satisfying to write about the things I love.

Friday 31 January 2014

OOTD: Multicoloured Striped Sweater, Trousers and Blazer

I know I’ve been posting outfits with striped sweater back to back, but what to do, they just seem to be so versatile.

So today I bring to you another work-appropriate outfit, featuring my new multicoloured striped sweater. Wuhooo!


Now before I go on and on about the sweater and the outfit, I just need to share this (not so) little fact with you- this winters I did not purchase any clothing for myself and I was quite proud about the same, that is uptil now , more like yesterday. Yesterday I just gave in and bought 3 awesome sweaters, one of which I’m actually wearing in the photo below. I did buy a couple of sling bags about a month and a half back (one of which you can see here and in this video) and some earrings (here and here), but I had refrained from buying any clothes, largely because I had (and still have) an overflowing closet, and I wasn’t able to wear even half of what I had. I did not consciously make the decision of not buying new clothes, but let me tell you that staying away from the malls, especially during the sale season helped!

And now that I’m done with the little story, we can move ahead and talk about my outfit. I picked up this Forever 21 sweater mainly because I love stripes and I think stripes can be teamed up with a lot of items. Another reason why I picked this up was because of the insanely awesome price I paid for it. More on that in the next Youtube video. J

Although this top/sweater is knit, it is not woolen, so it’s perfect for layering around this time of the year, and it can be easily worn in spring and autumn with a nice solid scarf. I chose to pair it up with my dark blue pants, which I hadn’t worn in the longest time. I think the blue pants compliment the blue stripes of the sweater/ top. Since it’s still chilly in Delhi, I added my beige blazer to keep me warm and snuggly. Since I was in the mood to coordinate my look, I wore my brown shoes keeping in mind the brown bag. Overall, I quite like this outfit. What do you think?



Sweater/Top: Forever 21
Pants: Allen Solly
Blazer: Mango
Shoes: Tashi
Bag: Gifted
Sunglasses: Marks & Spencer

Thank you for commenting on my last post. How did you like the OOTD video?

For more fun and fashion related photos, you can follow me on Instagram (clothesandcreativity).


7 comments :

  1. That striped sweater is so pretty! Definitely a worthwhile purchase!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful outfit doll...:-) <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. No shame in wearing stripes multiple days in a row - stripes are just so classic. I love this outfit - very fun and colorful!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great look! And the top looks really good :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. You look beautiful Anya, those colors really suits you.
    xox
    Lenya
    FashionDreams&Lifestyle

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have not bought anything for about 6 weeks. My finances took a huge hit. But I may attend a show at Fashion Week so I may break down and get a cream colored sweater.

    Allie of ALLIE NYC
    allienyc.com

    ReplyDelete