About Me

My Photo
A lawyer by profession who has a passion for fashion, beauty and make-up! My love for fashion has fuelled the creation of this blog. I find it mentally stimulating and creatively satisfying to write about the things I love.

Wednesday 19 June 2013

COLOUR-BLOCKED

The colour-blocking trend has been around for a while, and this season one can see the some bold colours not only in clothes but also in accessories such as bags, shoes and jewellery.

Although I am not a big follower of trends (as trends come are transient), I particularly like colour-blocking. I do not usually centre my shopping or purchases around the current trends cause I really cannot get myself to buy/wear something just because it is “trendy” or “in” at the moment. That being said, I am also not the one to avoid trends. I guess all I am trying to say is that I will buy something which looks good to my eye, and makes me feel good irrespective of it’s trendiness (or the lack of it).

I have a few pieces of clothing which fall in the “colour-blocked” category, but I have managed to buy any colour-blocked accessories (I am not convinced that the trend looks equally good on bags and shoes). One of the items is this flowy top in white/sea blue/green. I actually picked this up during winters and thought it’d be ideal for spring and summer...the colours are just so fresh.

Today, while catching up with a friend for coffee, I paired this colour-blocked top with my trusted dark blue skinnies. I added some big dangly earrings and bangles in blue and red. My footwear was simple red/silver flats. I thought the red in the flats tied well with the bangles and my red nail paint. I carried my tan leather bag (which I’m loving at the moment).






How do you like the outfit? Are you a follower of trends or do you have a more classic style? Feel free to drop in your comments.

No comments :

Post a Comment