About Me

My Photo
A lawyer by profession who has a passion for fashion, beauty and make-up! My love for fashion has fuelled the creation of this blog. I find it mentally stimulating and creatively satisfying to write about the things I love.

Wednesday 13 November 2013

The Ethereal Saree- A very special outfit on my 100th post

I’m so glad to share with you the news that this little blog of mine is now a 100 posts old! J

Although I had started blogging in June 2012, I had not really been active till aboutJune 2013. And once I revived the blog, I couldn’t stop writing. I love the fact that I get to share my love for fashion on this platform. I feel it’s just such a great way for like-minded people to connect. Through the blogosphere I get to have a glimpse at some of the most wonderful (fashion and non-fashion) things.
And there’s no better occasion than the present one to share with you one of my most special outfits. The special outfit I’m talking about is this beautiful yellow saree that I wore on my wedding, and had the opportunity of wearing it recently on my first Karva Chauth.


Now I am a Rajput, and we are required to wear a yellow saree during the wedding ceremony. So, I decided to have 2 wedding outfits- a gorgeous gotapatti lehenga that I wore for Jaimal (exchange of garlands), and a beautiful yellow saree that I wore during the actual wedding ceremony (pheras).

I will just try to put in to words the beauty of this saree- it’s a gorgeous shade of yellow, deep and bright all at once. And it has a broad border in red. The border has intricate embroidery and needlework in copper, with pearls weaved in between to create a floral pattern. The red border has a green piping, which further highlights the border. The blouse is in the same fabric. Throughout the saree, there are little flowers made out of pearls. I fondly remember how my Mum and I had chanced upon this saree, after scouting almost all the markets of Delhi. And as soon as we laid our eyes on it, we knew that this would be my wedding saree. Now some of you might think that this saree is rather light for a wedding, but I always wanted to go for a light saree for the wedding, since the lehenga was quite heavy. Also, during the wedding ceremony, my head was covered with the lehenga’s dupatta (which again was heavy), and since I did not have enough time to get change my outfit entirely (you know the muhurat and all that jazz), I wore the blouse from the lehenga set. And might I add that all the pieces worked in perfect harmony! J

Now coming on to Karva Chauth, I was told that I had to wear my wedding attire- the first thought that came to my mind was how could I wear such a heavy lehenga! To my respite, it was the outfit worn during the wedding ceremony, meaning the saree. I was more than happy to wear it again J Now, I do not know if I’ve mentioned this before, but I’m rather sloppy at tying a saree. I mean I did try to learn the art before my wedding, but suffice it to say that I haven’t yet managed to perfect the art. However, I managed to do (strictly in my opinion) a pretty decent job! Plus, since I spent the second half of the day at home, I wasn’t really stressed out about the saree being all perfect. For jewellery, I had my gold jhumkas (which I love) and red and gold bangles. Keeping up with the traditional theme, I also wore my golden heels.



PS: Those of you who follow me on Instagram (clothesandcreativity) would know that I went to work during first half of the day, and I wore a bright red and yellowchuridaar-suit.




23 comments :

  1. You look stunning. The colors are gorgeous on you.
    ~FringeGirl

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi there! You really look beautiful, this is a really stunning outfit! xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. such a pretty saree! You look beautiful! Hope you are having a wonderful day!
    -Jyoti
    Style-Delights Blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Jyoti!
      Just stopped by your wonderful blog. :)

      Delete
  4. Beautiful Saree!! Congratulations on 100 posts ~ Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulation my friend!!!! And many more to go!!!!!! Anya darling you look stunning, breathtaking beautiful!!!!! Sorry for being absent the last couple of days.
    hugs
    Lenya

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Lenya! :)
      I missed you on the blog.

      Delete
    2. Missed you too. Still so many things to do, duh! Right now my day should have 48h, maybe that would do the trick, lol. Have a lovely Sunday Anya.
      hugs
      Lenya

      Delete
  6. Such a a pretty outfit! You look very pretty :)

    www.vintagerequiem.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love yellow... it's such a happy color. And this saree is gorgeous! Thanks for linking up for Passion For Fashion!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree with you, Lena! Yellow is indeed a happy colour.

      Delete
  8. I love sarees, they're always so colorful with such amazing detail! The yellow of yours looks so incredibly beautiful in you. What an amazing piece!

    ReplyDelete
  9. The sari is a gorgeous yellow! Where did you get it from?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Shinjini! :)
      It's from Ram Chand Kishan Chand, Kamla Nagar!

      Delete
  10. you look so adorable! congrats on your 100th post.

    ReplyDelete
  11. very pretty, you look like a TV star, congratulations!!
    http://abrideinhurry.wordpress.com/2

    ReplyDelete